Wednesday 7 July 2010

Mixed Berry Cobbler Recipe


Mixed Berry Cobbler
Fast. Easy. Homemade. 

I am NOT a summer girl. I don't take well to heat at all. It makes me mean, irritable and frustrated. Therefore I haven't looked forward to summer since I was in high school, but right now...I LOVE IT!!

Why? Because I'm on a berry kick and luckily they are EVERYWHERE! Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries..ahhhh. Big, beautiful, plump, juicy berries just beckoning to be made into something yummy.  And who am I do deny myself from enjoying God's bounty? Bring on those recipes for berry cobblers, pies, pancakes, jams, and whatever else I can think of!! Everything gets a berry twist and I've even loaded up my freezer with bags of fresh berries to enjoy in the fall and winter months.

I can sit and eat a bowl of mixed berries sprinkled with sugar and be just as content as can be, but give me a rustic, old fashioned mixed berry cobbler  or any cobbler really, with a side of frozen cool whip and I'm on cloud nine.

This mixed berry cobbler recipe works with frozen berries just as well as fresh berries. A perfect way to use up some of those super ripe berries and is an enjoyable end to a light summer dinner.





Ingredients
3 cups of fresh mixed berries (frozen berries ok if thawed)
3/4 cup sugar

1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 stick of butter, melted

Preheat Oven to 375

Watch me make this easy, fresh, homemade mixed berry cobbler recipe from start to finish!






No comments:

Post a Comment