Friday 17 September 2010

Homemade Potato Soup Recipe



Creamy Sausage & Spinach Potato Soup

I'm not a big fan of potato soup or so I thought. When I was preggers I got a weird craving for it even though I'd never tasted a good recipe for it. I started playing around with a few recipes I found online until I got it just the way I wanted it and now.....I'm in LOVE!!!

As soon as the weather starts to get cooler (which is now!) I break out this potato soup recipe. I dare any potato soup lover/hater not to like it.

This potato soup is so comforting and flavorful. I mean seriously, can you really go wrong with smoked sausage, potatoes, spinach, onions and garlic????? All combined with creamy cream cheese, chicken broth and smokey spices to make a soup that is out of this world good! Always a pleaser at pot lucks (be prepared to give out the recipe or just direct them to my site! (smile)

I like to pair this up with buttered & toasted french bread and a big ol' green salad. Easy, quick, and comforting meal for those fall and winter evenings.

Watch me make this creamy spinach and sausage potato soup from start to finish!



INGREDIENTS
4 russet potatoes
8 oz Smoked turkey dinner sausage
3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
1/2 small white or yellow onion
2 gloves garlic
3 cups chicken broth
8 oz cream cheese
few dashes pepper
few dashes salt
few dashes of liquid smoke
few dashes of smoked paprika (regular paprika will work)



No comments:

Post a Comment