Sunday 27 March 2011

Baked Omelet Recipe

These baked omelets only look complicated.

Baked Omelets

I have been on a serious omelet kick lately. I love omelets, especially when they are baked to fluffy perfection and stuffed with cheese and sauteed yumminess like peppers, onions, and smoked meat.

I already have a similar photo recipe of these baked omelet but hey a video won't hurt!

I've changed the process a bit, I mix the flour into the milk first and bam! All the flour dissolves and no need to break out the mixer! I love it when I find ways to keep from washing extra dishes.

What I really love about this baked omelet recipe, besides it being downright delicious, is that no matter what you put in there is still comes out looking elegant.

I like to serve these omelets for breakfast or brunch when we have guest over just to see their reaction.  You'd think I had presented them with some gourmet dish. Ahhh parsley makes anything look divine doesn't it?

These baked omelets with a bowl of fresh, chopped melons and french vanilla coffee on a weekend morning..... simple bliss I tell ya!

INGREDIENTS
1/2 milk or (1/4 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup water. This is what I used in the video)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon
1/2 green bell pepper
1/3 onion, chopped
1/2 cup smoked turkey sausage, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional but so recommended
salsa (optional but soooo recommended)
parsley, garnish

Watch me make this baked omelet from start to finish


Served with a bowl of fresh, mixed melons &
 French vanilla coffee...Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment