Friday 29 July 2011

Easy Oven Fried Chicken....

Crispy, Easy, Oven Fried Chicken
Easy Oven Fried Chicken

When was the last time you sank your teeth down into a juicy, golden, crispy piece of oven fried chicken??

Well we've been doing that a lot around my house and I think we have officially given fried chicken the boot!

Don't get me wrong now I do love some southern fried chicken but I hate working with hot grease, the time it takes from start to finish and the smell of my kitchen afterwards.  That is why I'd only make it a few times a year.

My husband actually prefers oven fried over deep fried. He says he likes that it doesn't have that greasiness to it,  it's moister and that he doesn't have to go to work with his clothes smelling like a grandma's house for a week. LOL

Double breaded and ready for oven frying!!

I've played around with a few oven-fried chicken recipes and this one (a combination of my grandmothers and my regular fried chicken recipe) seems to be the one I'm sticking to for now. It fries so beautifully in the oven and never fails to get golden and crisp. I also like that it doesn't make the kitchen smokey like some oven fried chicken recipes have.

It's seasoned perfectly and smells soooo good when it's cooking. I hope that you and your fam will enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!

INGREDIENTS
2 lbs chicken, cut up

2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon  onion powder
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2-3 dashes hot sauce (optional)

1 cup all- purpose flour

2-3 Tablespoons butter (melted)
2 Tablespoons  olive oil


Watch me make this easy oven fried chicken from start to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment