Wednesday 3 August 2011

Toddler Approved Sweet Veggie Muffins

Sweet muffins loaded with carrots, zucchini and squash!

 Moist Sweet Veggie Muffins


Squash and zucchini is everywhere!! I've been taking full advantage by making recipes like this and this oh and this one too, to name a few.

Yummy! Can you see those specks of cinnamon...

So I might as well add these sweet, moist vegetable muffins to the list. My toddler asked me to make these muffins for him last week. I don't know why I just light up when he asks me to make him things. I love cooking for my lil mook mook.

Anyway, I use to make these vegetable muffins for him in mini-form all the time when he was one. I couldn't believe he still remembered them. I guess seeing all the squash and zucchini piled up on the counter jogged his memory.

Summer is so colorful!
This muffin recipe is great for using up all that extra produce
from the garden and it freezes beautifully!

These muffins are loaded with sweet carrots, zucchini, and squash with a sweet, cinnamon taste. If you like quick breads like banana bread, zucchini bread, apple bread and things like that, then you will love these muffins!

These veggie muffins make the house smell so good!

If you're a veggie hater, don't worry about tasting any veggies in this recipe. My son says "it just tastes like cake" : )


INGREDIENTS ( makes roughly 24 muffins)
3 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup carrots, finely shredded
1 cup zucchini, finely shredded
1/2-1 cup squash, finely shredded

Preheat oven to 325. Bake for 18-20 minutes

Watch me make these moist, sweet veggie muffins from start to finish just for you!

*note* Feel free to reduce or substitute the sugar if desired. Shredded apples or applesauce makes a great natural sweetener as do honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment