Friday 30 November 2012

30 Days of Gratitude


Sailor Bar - Fall 2012


Gratitude is something that is very important to me.  I do my best to think about things that I am grateful for daily.  I find that this brings a lot of happiness, calm and peace to my life.  It’s really wonderful to be able to stop for a moment each day and think about the things that you are grateful for … from the big things like life itself, to the small things like warm socks on a rainy day.    

Last year, my friend Kim inspired me when she started sharing things she was grateful for daily on Facebook during the whole month of November.  This year, I was inspired to do the same and have looked forward to reading her daily log of things she’s grateful for.  It has been refreshing to take a moment each day and reflect on the things I am grateful for in that moment. 

Today I read a post from my friend Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama, Counting My Blessings … a beautiful post about gratitude.  After doing my last gratitude post on Facebook and reading Jennifer’s post on gratitude, I was inspired to do my own post here.    

As we wrap up the last day of November today and move forward into December, I feel inspired to share some of the things that I am so grateful for.

Gratitude …

1.    Everyday the first thing I am grateful for is life.  I am grateful to be alive, to wake up every morning next to my loving hubby-to-be and my Little Love when she climbs into bed for morning cuddles. 

2.   I am grateful for my Little Love.  She is such a blessing, I love her more than words can express.  Her spirit is so beautiful, so sweet and full of life.  She is full of joy, grace and love.  Little Love brings so much happiness to my life.  
 
My Little Love - Nimbus Dam/Fish Hatchery, Fall 2012

3.   I am grateful for Big Love, he has brought so much love and happiness to my life and our little family.  I love and adore him.  He is so supportive, has so much drive and is dedicated to our family.  I am so proud of him. 

4.   I am grateful for my pregnancy - our baby (and grateful again to Big Love, without him, there would be no Tiny Love growing inside me).  I am grateful everyday for her little kicks and punches inside me.  I am grateful for the joy, love, excitement and anticipation that she has brought to Little Love.

Picture by Little Love of our family, she is holding her baby sister.

5.    I am grateful for my family - my parents, my future mother-in-law, my grandma, my aunts, uncles and cousins.  I am especially grateful for my mom.  She has been so supportive of me throughout my whole life.  I know I can always count on her.  I am grateful for our relationship, the bond we have formed over the years and her dedication to Little Love.

6.   I am grateful for my amazing friends.  I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful, caring, supportive circle of friends.  I am grateful for all of my friendships - childhood friends, holistic mom friends, old friends, new friends, virtual friends, blogger friends … they all hold a special place in my heart. 

7.   I am grateful for nourishing food, Real Food.  This time of year I am especially grateful for bone broth, Elderberry and Rose Hip Syrup, honey-sweetened hot chocolate, herbal tea infusions, soup, anything made by Big Love, kale, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, kiwis, and healthy treats. 

8.   I am grateful for Mother Earth for grounding me.  The moon for her beauty, strength and hearing my intentions.  Our beautiful oceans, rivers, and lakes for their peacefulness, cleansing/recharge and beauty.  Trees for their beauty, old wisdom, and for cleaning our air.  Sunshine for bringing happiness and vitamin D.  Rain for it’s beautiful sound, ability to cleanse the air and for nourishing nature and our bodies. 

Sailor Bar - Fall 2012

9.   I am grateful for a home - a roof over our heads, a place where we can come together and feel comfort, joy, love and connection. 

10. I am grateful for health and my body for giving me signs – it’s so important to listen to what our body is trying to tell us.

11. Last but not least, I am so grateful for all of my loyal readers.  Thank you for your time, your suggestions, your support and your kind words. 


What are you grateful for?  I would love for you to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment