Saturday 13 July 2013

Easy Cherry Limeade Cupcakes

One of my all-time favorite drinks is Cherry Limeade.
It's such a fabulous flavor combination!
Today I am sharing a simple and delicious cupcake version. :)



The Cherry Limeade Cupcakes I have seen combine lime cake and cherry frosting.
I decided to do something different...

I made cherry cake full of maraschino cherry chunks, topped with tangy lime frosting.
DELISH!

I also wanted these cupcakes to be quick & easy, so I started with a cake mix.
So here is my version...you are going to love it! 


Cherry Limeade Cupcakes

by Bird On A Cake
Ingredients (18-20 cupcakes)
Cherry Cupcakes
  • 1 box white cake mix
  • 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries (cut into quarters)
Lime Frosting
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1/8 cup milk
  • Stemmed cherries for garnish
  •  green & yellow food coloring gel (optional)
Instructions
Cherry Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cherry juice, water, oil and eggs. Mix until well blended. Fold in maraschino cherries. Pour batter into prepared liners and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Lime Frosting
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 2 cups of the confectioners' sugar; mix well. Add lime juice and milk. Mix in the remaining confectioners' sugar. Add just a dab of the green and yellow food coloring gel. Keep covered.

Pipe frosting on the cooled cupcakes and top with a stemmed cherry before serving.
Powered by Recipage

Enjoy!

I share my recipes and tutorials at these fun link parties.

I also have a fabulous recipe for Maraschino Cherry Cake from scratch...you can find it here.


This post was featured!
 KitchenFun

No comments:

Post a Comment