Tuesday 4 March 2014

St. Patrick's Day Green Petal Cake

 
Here is a lovely Green Petal Cake to help you get ready for St. Patrick's Day!
The petal cake decorating technique is easy to do and so very pretty.
You can find my step-by-step petal tutorial here.

My Key Lime Cake recipe was perfect for this green cake...AND it's so delicious!
I used gel food coloring to make the frosting a very pale shade of green,
which I used between the layers and for the crumb coat.

Next, I divided the remaining frosting into three bowls
and colored two of them darker shades of green.
I alternated these colors from darkest to lightest while decorating the cake.



For the top of the cake, I created a flower shape.
This is done by making the petals in overlapping concentric circles,
pulling your dots of frosting toward the center of the cake.

You can also make simple circles on top, which I did on my Rainbow Petal Cake.



Happy Saint Patrick's Day!


 Another fun green cake...
Key Lime Shamrock Cake

http://birdonacake.blogspot.com/2012/02/key-lime-shamrock-cake.html


I share my recipes & tutorials at these fun link parties.

This post was featured!
KitchenFun

No comments:

Post a Comment