Saturday 13 December 2008

Sundried Tomato Bacon Burgers

Sundried Tomato Bacon Burgers
Sundried Tomato Bacon Burgers
Sometimes nothing beats a good burger. My burger cravings are never going to be satisfied by the lack luster offerings of all of the fast food chains. For the most part, I am a big burger purist, preferring to make my own very simple hamburgers. I'm not fond of homemade burgers with loads of fillers; I prefer an all beef burger to be enjoyed purely on the virtues of the flavour of the beef. Most often salt and pepper are the only additions to my hamburger patties.

My burger purist sensibilities are in no way offended by this recipe however. This sort of Italian version of a burger is absolutely delicious and the flavours of garlic, oregano, tomato and parmesan go very well with the flavour of the beef. I sometimes make these with a couple of ounces of mozzarella or cheddar tucked into the center of the burgers to make a sort of inside out cheeseburger. Mozza and marinara sauce also make very good additions to these great burgers.

Makes 4-6 burgers

2 ½ pounds extra lean ground beef
1 tsp oregano
¼ cup fresh grated parmesan
¼ cup finely chopped sundried tomatoes
1 clove finely minced garlic
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper

Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and form into 4-6 burger patties. Grill or pan fry as desired. Serve on large Kaiser buns with your favourite burger toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment