Friday 15 April 2011

Easy, Creamy, Fluffy Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting

Easy, Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting

I'm not a big fan of frostings. Most of them are just waaay to sweet and completely overpower whatever you put it on.  However I LOVVVVE this homemade cream cheese frosting recipe.

This frosting is sweet but not overly sweet. I can eat a spoonful without gagging. It's quick, easy, fluffy, creamy and spreads with ease! I love that I can still taste the cream cheese in this recipe. Once you've made this frosting, you'll realize what an insult store bought frostings are.

Nothing can take the place of a frosting made with real butter baby!!! I use this homemade cream cheese frosting recipe for my red velvet cakes, carrot cakes, ice cream cakes, chocolate cakes and whatever else tastes good with a cream cheese frosting.

Ingredients (this makes enough frosting to frost a 3 layer cake)
2 (8 oz) pack cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. milk
1 stick butter, slightly melted
2 teaspoon, vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar






Watch me make this homemade cream cheese frosting from start to finish!







*Note* If the frosting is too thick, add in a few drops of milk (about 1/4 teaspoon) at a time and stir after each addition. It doesn't take much liquid to thin it out.  If you add too much milk, you;ll have to add more powdered sugar to thicken it back up which will make it sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment