Tuesday 12 April 2011

Let's Make Homemade Frozen Pizzas!!!

Summer is coming!!! Quick stock the freezer with homemade frozen pizza!!!


Homemade Frozen Pizza

We use to purchase frozen pizzas every week. It was just one of those items that was a must have on the list like eggs, milk and bread. I finally came to my senses and realized how much money I'd save by just making up a few batches of pizzas and freezing them myself.

Not to mention, homemade frozen pizza is healthier than the kind we use to buy from the store, taste better and I LOVE that I can add whatever fresh toppings I want on them.

This pizza starts with a homemade pizza dough

Cutting them up in individual slices makes it so easy to have for lunch. I just grab four  two slices out of the freezer, throw into the toaster oven, add a side salad and a homemade lunch is ready in no time.

I also like that we don't have to all eat the same kind of pizza. My toddler likes extra cheese and sausage, hubby prefers chicken, caramelized onions and pineapples and me... well this recipe is how I like mine!


Ready to freeze after being loaded with fresh toppings






Frozen Pizza Crust (makes 2 round pizza crusts)
1 pack rapid rise highly active yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon parsely
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 cups of flour (plus more for kneading. I usually use about 3/4 cup extra when kneading)


Toppings (add whatever you like! Here's what I used for two pizzas. Sorry I don't really measure toppings. I just load it on baby!!)
8 oz pizza sauce
2 (8 oz bags) Mozzarella Cheese
Spinach
Tomatoes, seeded & diced
Turkey dinner sausage, diced (this came fully cooked)
black olives, sliced


Watch me make these homemade frozen pizzas from start to finish!!





*Notes*

Be sure to cook any meats and allow to cool before you place it on the pizza.


The water MUST be between 120-130 degrees before adding it to the yeast. If the water is too cool, nothing will happen and if the water is too hot it will kill the yeast, both resulting in flat bread that will not rise.


Feel free to add additional seasonings in the crust to jazz it up a bit. The possibilities are endless.


This recipe uses rapid rise yeast. If you are using another kind of yeast you will need to follow the directions on the package as far as proofing times and water temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment