Thursday 2 May 2013

News @ Recipes to Nourish


Just Married!

Lots of news here at Recipes to Nourish!  As many of you know, I took a little break from blogging during my pregnancy.  But, I'm back now!  I'm doing my best to get back in the swing and find a new rhythm.  Be patient with me though, I might not be posting as much, but I certainly will have new recipes coming soon.  

And on to all the news!!!

At the end of January 2013, our sweet Tiny Love made her way into the world.  She arrived a couple weeks early, the day before my birthday.  I had the flu (yes, this mommy gets sick sometimes, it's rare, but I was hit by the awful flu BAD ... I swear I got sick because I was out of my Elderberry & Rose Hip Syrup - a natural flu preventative, I had taken it all throughout my pregnancy, and then, I was out of it for a week, and sure enough, I got the flu) and since women usually don't give birth during illness, I didn't really think I was in labor.  But, Tiny Love had other plans, she wasn't going to wait for mommy to be well, she just wanted to come meet her family so bad, and I'm so glad she did.  We had an amazing water-homebirth (I will share her Birth Story in another post soon) and we are loving life with her.  

Welcome Tiny Love

Tiny Love is such a blessing and a wonderful addition to our family.  Little Love adores her - she sings to her, cuddles with her, kisses her, picks out her clothes, takes pictures of her, draws pictures of her and on and on.  She just can't get enough of her little sister.

Tiny Love - And mommy, and Little Love holding Tiny Love

Little Love has had some huge milestones too!  She turned 6 this year!  Wow time has gone fast.  I looked at her the other day and thought my baby is not a baby anymore.  It made me a little teary.  I can't believe how quickly time goes.  Little Love had the sweetest birthday party, she requested a Faerie to come and do sparkly face painting, and boy did that bring her so much joy.  [Butterfly face paint picture is from her birthday.]  She's been having the best time in Kindergarten at our local public Waldorf school.  She's made some really special friends.  I love her school, it's been a blessing to have a school that supports her gentle little spirit.  She's also lost 6 teeth!  I can't believe it.  She's been so excited about all of the visits from the Tooth Fairy.

Wearing May Day crown that she finger knitted, Playing Mouse in Cheese,  Butterfly Face for her birthday, Wearing Big Love's Grappling Medal and Ravens hat, Wearing her Baby in her carrier and holding her tooth

And the latest news is that I got married!  19 years ago we became friends, last weekend I married the love of my life (Big Love).  We had a small, private ceremony in beautiful Bodega Bay, CA.  It was magical and perfect in every way.

Mr. and Mrs.

The year has been full of some beautiful moments, lots of special memories.  I am so grateful and feel truly blessed.   

Little Love was the Flower Girl

So that's the news at Recipes to Nourish.    

p.s. New recipes are in the works and coming soon!  The best way to make sure you don’t miss a post is to Subscribe/Follow by Email - you will find the box to subscribe in the top right-hand corner of my blog.  Simply add in your email address, and every time there is a new post, you will be emailed directly.  You can also "Like" me on Facebook, which is normally the best way to contact me and also keep up with posts. 

Love and Light.

Emily






No comments:

Post a Comment