Tuesday 2 March 2010

Cooking Tips For Beginners

I've been cooking since I was little but I didn't fully understand what it took to throw together a meal until I was married. Truthfully, that first year of marriage was pretty comical when it came to my kitchen skills. I can't tell you how many pots of soggy hamburger helper we've eaten or the many batches of "cajun" biscuits I've made.  

Luckily my husband is easy when it comes to eating. He is just as content with a bowl of cereal for dinner as he is with a sizzling T-bone steak. (another reason why I adore my in-laws. They have created this perfect  man who didn't need any training when I got him! : ) 

The point of this blog post is to say that PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! I know it's cliche' and to me that phrase is quite annoying but with cooking it is soooo true! If you are a beginner cook rest assured that there are many cooking mishaps to be had in your future. Accept them, have a laugh and keep cooking! I mean, it's just food right?
Here are a few cooking tips that will help you along your journey to becoming a fabulous cooking diva!






I will be adding more to this section!

No comments:

Post a Comment