Sunday 27 February 2011

Stove Top Mac n Cheese Recipe w/ Fried Bologna



Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese... with fried Bologna!


Homemade stove top mac n cheese with fried bologna (or fried hotdogs) and red kool-aid to drink!!! This right here fine folks is what childhood memories are made of!

Or at least my childhood memories! Growing up, I NEVER turned down this meal. I'd even give up a Happy Meal for a bowl of mac n cheese with fried bologna. I mean what kid doesn't like mac and cheese and bologna? I could eat a whole pack of bologna by itself so combining the two was heaven!!

I've been craving this stuff all week and it was just as comforting as it was when I was little. I love foods that bring back those childhood memories. Man, I didn't know just how good I had when I was younger. Not a care in the world.

This recipe is adapted from Alton Browns & Rachel Rays Stove Top Mac n Cheese recipe. My mother use to use that government cheese in the big white box which made it super creamy. You can add Velveeta if you want. I decided not to.

This recipe is so versatile. Follow it closely or follow it loosely. It has great reviews on all of the sites I've seen it posted on.


This Recipe Has Eggs, But You Don't Have To Use Them
This recipe calls for eggs. Some people are a lil nervous to use eggs in fear that it won't cook properly in such a short time. In that case, use pasteurized eggs, egg substitute or just omit the eggs and kick up the milk/cream. You may want to add a lil Velveeta if you think it needs to be creamier. But really a good stove top mac & cheese is simply macaroni, butter, milk/cream, and cheese. It may take a lil light tweaking to get the creaminess just the way you want it.  


Stove Top Mac n Cheese w/ Fried Bologna
INGREDIENTS
2.5 cups elbow macaroni, dry
8 cups of chicken broth or water 
4 tablespoons unsalted butter 
2 eggs 
1/3 cup half & half 
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
2.5 Tablespoons milk or evaporated milkfew dashes of hot sauce (optional)
Fresh black pepper 
10 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (I like to use a mixture of cheeses and shred it myself since it's creamier)
4-5 pieces of bologna
oil

Watch me make this Stove Top Mac n Cheese w/ Fried Bologna from start to finish





After adding the eggs, cook on low for about 4 minutes. Cheese should be melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment