Tuesday 29 May 2007

Everyone remain calm…this is only a Test!

Well, I finally did it. I actually bought a “real” digital camera for the site. Yes, believe it or not, the over one hundred video recipe clips I’ve filmed so far, have been filmed using the cheap, bottom of the line, web cam pictured here. Now, nothing against Logitech, or their fine line of web cams, but they aren’t exactly made to serve as the cornerstone of your video recipe blog. Along with this new camera purchase, I’ve also bought a new MacBook and will be editing the clips with iMovie, a definite step up from the relatively primitive Windows Movie Maker I’ve been using. Why the change in platforms? It was really those Mac commercials; that skinny smartass dude was sooo much cooler than the old PC guy.

Seriously, I am very excited to have these new toys, and it’s going to take a few days to figure out how all this stuff works. I may even have to read a couple manuals! The clip I posted today is a first attempt at figuring out how the new camera and software work together, etc. So, my apologies for the basically useless clip today, but I have to do a little experimenting, and you know you are going to click on it out of curiosity anyway. I’ve included pictures of my new camera (please no emails telling me how much that model sucks), and I even bought a tripod (I was using a spice rack and blender as a tripod for the webcam). Enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment