Monday 20 January 2014

Hidden Heart Red Velvet Cupcakes

 
  
My husband made a very disturbing confession this week.
He doesn't like red velvet cake!!
*stunned silence*

I thought I knew this man!
You can imagine my distress at this revelation.
We may have to go to therapy to get past it.

In the meantime, the kids and I will enjoy these Hidden Heart Red Velvet Cupcakes.
The frosting heart inside the cupcake is a fun surprise
and they make a great Valentine's Day treat!

 What You Will Need:
 Red Velvet Cupcakes with tops cut off
small heart cookie cutter
cream cheese frosting
confectioners' sugar in a sifter


Center your heart cookie cutter on the cupcake and press down.
Use a spoon to scoop out the cake inside the heart.
Eat the cake scraps.


Fill the heart cavity with cream cheese frosting.
(You can fill a ziploc bag with frosting and snip off the corner.)


Trace your heart cookie cutter on a piece of paper.
Cut out the paper heart and center it on a cupcake top.
Use a sifter to sprinkle powdered sugar over the cupcake top.
Carefully remove the paper heart.


 Place the tops back on your cupcakes and enjoy!


Happy Valentine's Day!
 
 I share my recipes and tutorials at these fun link parties.

Another fun Valentine treat idea...

Conversation Heart Cupcake Toppers
http://birdonacake.blogspot.com/2012/01/conversation-heart-cupcake-toppers.html

This post was featured!
Seven AliveThey are talking about me at CraftGossip.com

No comments:

Post a Comment