Saturday 22 February 2014

Steak and Eggs Benedict with Brown Butter Sriracha Hollandaise Sauce

Steak and Eggs Benedict with Brown Butter Sriracha Hollandaise Sauce
Steak and Eggs Benedict with Brown Butter Sriracha Hollandaise Sauce
I have to confess that this recipe was made just for me. My love of brunch has been well established here on Rock Recipes and this one combines some of my very favorite ingredients. I am an absolute steak addict, so much so that while many people say they couldn't be vegetarian because they couldn't live without bacon, I would equally miss a juicy, medium rare grilled steak. Like many people I know who enjoy breakfast for dinner, steak and eggs tops my list on those occasions; add to that our family's favorite buttermilk biscuits plus rich, creamy, brown butter Hollandaise sauce with a hit of sweet heat from sriracha sauce and this brunch is a complete brunch home run.

I used my recent recipe for Coffee Chipotle Rubbed Grilled Steak  in this particular version which was really delicious but you can use any grilled, sliced steak. I'd recommend using 3 to 4 ounces per person. I love poached eggs but Spouse doesn't so she can attest that this recipe is just as delicious with scrambled eggs instead.

You can of course use toasted English muffins as the base of this brunch idea  but if you have an extra half hour, you can find our easy to make flaky buttermilk biscuit recipe here.

Brown Butter Sriracha Hollandaise Sauce

  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tsp chopped lemon zest
  • 1/2 cup hot brown butter
  • 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
To brown butter just melt it in a small saucepan over medium heat and watch it until the color turns light golden brown. Pour it off immediately into a heat proof measuring cup, leaving the sediment behind.
 
In a blender combine the egg yolks, mustard and lemon zest and juice for only a few seconds. With the blender on medium speed, slowly pour in the hot butter in a thin stream. The sauce should thicken quite quickly. Pour into a bowl and keep the bowl warm in a warm water bath while preparing the steak and eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment