Tuesday 13 May 2014

Homemade Blackberry Ice Cream Bon Bons {Dairy-Free Option}


Summer is on it's way to Northern California.  Sunny and HOT + close to 100 degrees by the end of the week!  Yikes!  I am not ready for summer weather ... but I am ready for lots and lots of Homemade Ice Cream.  

I LOVE ice cream!  I simply can't get enough of it, especially when the warmer weather starts ... who am I kidding, I love it year-round!  I make it often + my sweet husband always makes sure I have some organic, grass-fed ice cream in the freezer {I love this man!}.    

HAVE YOU EVER HAD BON BONS?

If you haven't, you're in for a big treat.  These sweet little mounds of ice cream covered with chocolate are perfect in every way.  My family loves them + they're always a crowd pleaser at parties and gatherings. 



Have you been to any local farmers markets recently?  We just went over the Mother's Day weekend and we saw tons of fresh berries.  Warmer weather means summer fruit will be coming to most farmers markets.  If you see some blackberries, make sure to grab a bunch because these gorgeous, dark beauties make some seriously delicious + beautiful ice cream.  If your blackberries are really ripe, they'll make the most stunning purple ice cream ... but if they're early in the season, the ice cream will be a rich pink.    


I'm so excited to be sharing this sweet + refreshing recipe on Beth's blog Red and Honey, today!


HAVE YOU EVER MADE HOMEMADE BON BONS BEFORE? WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KIND?

{{Check out my Homemade Cherry Ice Cream Bon Bons recipe too.}}

This post is shared at Pennywise Platter Thursday @ The Nourishing Gourmet, Fat Tuesday @ Real Food Forager, Real Food Wednesday @ Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Allergy-Free Wednesday @ The Tasty Alternative, + Fight Back Friday @ Food Renegade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment