Wednesday 9 December 2015

I Am A Pet Lover!



This Is Katie and Cooper. They Own My Heart. 
























Okay, so I'm a pet lover.  For those of you who follow my page on Facebook and here at the Welcome Home Blog, you already know that. My babies are my family and I love them more than anything.  I will do whatever it takes to keep them healthy, safe and happy. I don't care what it takes or what lengths I have to go, I want to do whatever it takes to make sure I am doing my part to prolong their lives and keep them happy and healthy. 

 And so today I bring you some exciting news.  But first let me give you a little background....

My Katie, the love of my life.

























As all of you know Katie was diagnosed in October with Congestive Heart Disease. Since then I have done weeks and weeks of research on this fatal disease and I am working as hard as I can at keeping her healthy and happy and prolonging her life.  It can be done. Throughout my research I have found thousands of cases where dogs and cats have beaten the odds with the proper medications and a healthy, very low salt or no salt diet.

That’s easier said than done.  Over the last 10 weeks, I have searched everywhere for dog food with little or no salt in it.  And that’s near impossible. You see, pet food companies load their products with salt because salt acts as a mold inhibitor. Doesn’t matter that it is unhealthy for pets and that it can make them sick with kidney, heart and other diseases. It matters that they save money by adding tons of salt to keep the food less perishable. 

But how much salt?
The sad part is that these companies are not required to let you know how much salt they add.  Oh, they will tell you if you call and ask, but they are not required to print it on the labels. And they won't!  So, after calling over 100 pet food manufacturers in my search for food that has little or no salt,  I found only two companies. And each had only one or two canned foods that had less salt. How could that be?  I have never been so frustrated and so alarmed for our pets.  Even those companies out there that say their food is healthy and grain free with no byproducts or chemicals are misleading us.  Besides, these foods are super expensive and my pets are not crazy about either of two I finally found.  I had to do something.

So I decided to make Katie my own low salt or no salt diet.  I set out to buy the proteins she needed. She is allergic to chicken so I had to buy turkey, beef, salmon and other fish. Then I had to pick out the fresh veggies.   I bought fresh carrots, potatoes, green beans, broccoli, and spinach.  And the fruits and berries too…I was determined to get her on a healthy diet fast. 

I found myself each Sunday spending hours chopping, slicing, dicing, roasting, poaching, and preparing the right blend. I would puree and sauté and mix and combine and taste it to see if I liked it and would eat it myself.  Finally, I would spoon it into individual containers and pray that she would eat whatever concoction I had made that day.  And it was a 50/50 chance that she would even go near it.  Sometimes I got it right, other times I had a complete miss.



And then one day, I went to see a pet nutritionist. She said the first thing I need to do is simplify everything.  Spend more time with my fur baby and not in the kitchen trying to create dog food diets.  She introduced me to a product that promised to make my life so much easier.  


It’s called Dr. Harvey’s Veg to Bowl.  She highly recommended it and said she thought it was the perfect choice for what Katie and I needed.  Not only is it the ultimate choice in a healthy pre-mix for pets, it is loaded with vitamins and supplements that are perfect for Katie right now. 

And she was absolutely right, Dr. Harvey left nothing out as far as all the right blend of nutrients. And he doesn't add salt and unhealthy byproducts or chemicals.  





While my heart was in the right place as I stood in my kitchen doing all that food prep, I couldn’t even come close to making sure she was getting ALL she needed to improve her health.  So I said, let’s give it a go.  I bought the Fine Ground Veg To Bowl and brought it home. 

Dr. Harvey's Veg To Bowl with added Roast Turkey Breast, and Apples



Since then, there has been no more slicing and dicing and chopping. No more long hours in the kitchen and no more guesswork.  I am in and out of the kitchen in no time and watching Katie enjoy her favorite meals without any salt!  I simply add some hot water to a scoop of Veg To Bowl and a little oil. Then I add some turkey, beef, or whatever protein I want her to have and sit back and watch her lick the bowl clean!   I even add some fruit, like apples or pears!

My beautiful Katie... Getting stronger every day!
























And Katie is thriving.  She is doing so much better than when she was first diagnosed. Can I say that her improvement is due to her new diet of Veg To Bowl. No, I can't say that with all certainty. But I can tell you that it is far better than her prior diet of high quality dog food that was just full of unnecessary salt.  I can tell you that her Cardiologist is thrilled with her progress and loves that she is on a salt free diet and says this will definitely prolong her life! I can tell you that she is happy and vibrant and has that sparkle in her eyes again. Her energy level has doubled and I see her getting stronger every day. 

Please Note:This is not a prescription diet. It's not a special needs diet for dogs that are ill or need special diets. This is for ALL dogs. It's super healthy and just good food!  It's an incredibly healthy alternative to what's available on the market today. 

I strongly encourage you to consider making your own pet food.  It’s so much better than buying commercial canned and dry foods out there and less expensive too.  You know what your fur babies are eating when you prepare it yourself.  And with Dr. Harvey's you know it’s super healthy!  And with this Veg To Bowl pre-mix, it's easier than ever! 

Just look at this list of ingredients in the Fine Ground Veg To Bowl:
 
Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Potatoes, Broccoli, Peas, Green Beans, Zucchini, Beets, Parsley, Dried Yeast, Lecithin, Alfalfa, Dried Kelp, Ground Flaxseed, Calcium Citrate, Dried Ground Fenugreek, Dried Ground Fennel, Dried Ground Ginger, Dried Ground Peppermint, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin A Acetate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.  And NO SALT!  

Okay, so now for the Big News:

You all know that I will not even talk about a product unless I love it myself. Unlike some bloggers, I will not endorse, represent or add my name or the name Welcome Home to any product unless I am completely sold on it myself. My standards are very high and so you will rarely see me promote much around here.  But I love this stuff!  I love that Katie and Cooper and even my cat Squeak loves it too! 

My homemade Salmon and Rice Meatballs made with Dr. Harvey's Veg To Bowl! 

























Being a recipe developer, I have now gone on to create some delicious homemade recipes for my babies!  Katie loves my Turkey Casserole. My cat Squeak loves my Salmon and Rice Meatballs. And my other furbaby Cooper loves it all...but his favorite is my Beef and Orzo Bake! All made with Dr. Harvey's Veg to Bowl! 

I was so enthusiastic about this product, that I decided to write to Dr. Harvey's. I wanted to tell them about my difficult challenge to find the answers and how their product has made my life easier. They were as excited as I was and after talking with them, I knew instantly that I had found a company that truly cares about our pets. We shared a common bond and just this week they asked if I would like to be an Ambassador for their company and share their products with my fans.

My answer was an instant YES!  Not only because I believe in their products, but because I love my fans and their pets!  So, starting today, I am an Ambassador for Dr. Harvey's products.  And I am so excited!  I am excited to introduce you to their other foods too.  Like Miracle Dog food, a holistic blend of organic grains and vegetables.  And Oracle, the perfect freeze dried pre-mix for dogs and cats that contain no salt, sugar, wheat or soy! 













I love Dr. Harvey's products. I highly recommend them. It's an easy way to make your own homemade pet foods at home and know that you are including all the nutrients they need. As I said earlier, I have been creating my own recipes with Dr. Harvey's pre-mixes and I can't wait to share them with you! They will be coming here to the Welcome Home Blog soon.

In the meantime, visit Dr. Harvey's blog and Facebook page to read more about their products and how they came to be such a fantastic company! 



















Disclaimer:  Dr. Harvey’s provided several products at no cost for me to review. I am not being compensated for helping spread the word about Dr. Harvey’s products, although they did make a donation to my Save A Life program. My goal is to spread the word about Dr. Harvey’s products so that pets can live a better, healthier life.  I received no additional benefits for writing this review and the opinions and ideas in this post are my own and are uninfluenced by any other person or business.

No comments:

Post a Comment